Translational funding to bridge the gap in development
Translational funding such as grants can be used to bridge the gap in development between early stage technology resulting from university research, and its commercialisation, usually known as the valley of death.
In the UK, we are fortunate to be able to access a wide variety of funding streams that enable translational research. Grant funding can provide Start-ups and Spin outs with a vital source of non-dilutive funding or a mechanism by which academics can translate their research.
Our experienced funding team will help you secure funding
Our experienced funding manager can help you with your grant applications. We have experience in applying for grants from different sources and can help you secure funding from diverse external sources such as the European Union, UKRI and charities such as the Wellcome Trust.
In addition, we have extensive expertise in delivering collaborative innovative projects and can provide access to project managers, data scientists and systems architects. These resources will be provided with a focus on helping SMEs and Scottish-based organisations access larger sources of external funding, enabling them to expand their R&D activities.
GET IN TOUCH
For more information,
please get in touch
Talk to us about applying for the following grants:
Commercialising quantum technology: large collaborative projects round 1
- Competition opens: Monday 5 August 2019
- Registration closes: Wednesday 30 October 2019 12:00pm
- Sector: Second generation quantum technologies
Innovate UK Smart Grants: April 2019
- Competition opens: Thursday 25 August 2019
- Registration closes: Wednesday 16 October 2019 12:00pm
- Sector: Any
Enabling integrated diagnostics for early detection
Up to £20 million is available for multidisciplinary consortia to develop and evaluate integrated diagnostic solutions for early detection and diagnosis. This includes funding from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF).
- Competition opens: Monday 22 July 2019
- Registration closes: Wednesday 25 September 2019 12:00pm
- Sector: Healthcare
£1m Collaborative R&D fund with Catalonia - Apply Now
- Call opens: 31st May 2019
- Call deadline: 10th Oct 2019
- Applicants informed: 16th Dec 2019
- Projects start from: 1st Jan 2020
- Sector: Healthcare