Innovation Week is our flagship event where students get to apply the data science and AI skills they have developed during their studies to real world problems and data sets, whilst exploring design thinking.
The event brings together all of our students across all of our sponsored MSc courses at Universities throughout Scotland, studying more than 20 different data science and AI MSc courses.
The last two years have seen a change from the traditional residential event to online events, due to Covid. However, we successfully rose to the challenge and achieved something unique by delivering it entirely online.
Blogs & videos from Innovation Week 2021
- Innovation Week 2021 – enabling students to connect and collaborate
- Data visualisation, bias and data storytelling – plus video of keynote talk from Gavin Allan
- Creative data science and design thinking in data science projects – a Data Scientists perspective
Steven Drost, CSO of Code Base, keynote talk “The Different Lives of Employee No. 7 and Employee No. 4,235,624 – Founding or joining early stage companies”.
Craig Patterson, The Data Lab, presents a fascinating workshop titled: “What to consider when using data to create value through innovative products and services: Be Creative, Be Innovative, Be Pragmatic, Do Good”
Brian Hills, Deputy CEO and Head of Data, The Data Lab, heads a Panel with: Rafie Faruq, geieai.co; Chris Neumann, Founder and CEO of Commonwealth Ventures;Imagination to reality, and everything in between: start-up journeys
Find out more about Innovation Week from these blogs and videos
- Learning how to apply data science and AI skills to real life business problems – 2020 – Circular Economy year
- Innovation Week 2019 – the flagship event of our MSc programme – bringing together 155 students from 11 universities across Scotland
- How Scots students are helping make business greener
- The MSc Innovation Week: Sure, the data was a part of the jigsaw, but just a part -Guest blog from Data Lab MSc student, John Bell
- The Data Lab MSc Innovation Week 2018
- One of our previous MSc students, Ian Watt, wrote a blog about the 2018 week: ‘Data Lab Innovation Lab