Is your organisation looking to manage and exploit data more than they currently do? For many, translating a data strategy into practical actions can seem daunting – Where do you start? What tools do you use? How do you identify and overcome risks?
In response to these worries, April saw the launch of our new business advisory service, TORCH. TORCH aims to act as a guiding light along the best path to data success, providing companies with proven, unbiased guidance. The service teams businesses with specialist supplier organisations to ensure they have access to the most appropriate methods and tools to become successful with data and data technologies.
To help explain the new offering, we’ve updated our website with a full list of TORCH FAQs. You can read a few of the most visited ones below, or visit our new page to gain a better understanding how the TORCH Business Advisory Service works:
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TORCH TO A CLIENT BUSINESS?
The TORCH service offers businesses the following support:
• Accelerates the time it takes for them to realise value from data innovation
• Minimising project risks
• Provides unbiased, strategic advice from The Data Lab team
• Delivers access to proven approaches to tackling data (innovation) challenges
• Opens access to The Data Lab’s network and wider Scottish ecosystem.
AS A SUPPLIER, WHY USE TORCH?
TORCH enables suppliers to tap into potential business opportunities that they may not have encountered without The Data Lab’s broad network. The demand is driven by our clients and the service works to bring suitable partners together in a neutral, supportive and collaborative environment.
As well as new business opportunity, supplier organisations will receive wider exposure to The Data Lab community, offering promotion via case studies.
ARE THERE ANY ENTRY CRITERIA TO BE A TORCH CLIENT OR SUPPLIER?
CLIENT BUSINESSES – To benefit from the TORCH service, client organisations must be operating and have a registered office in Scotland.
SUPPLIER ORGANISATIONS – To qualify as part of the TORCH supplier group, organisations must:
• Have proven expertise in delivering data driven solutions
• Be able to commit both software and staff time in suitable engagements
• Be open to promote activity to wider Scottish community through case studies etc.
• Have objectives to engage the Scottish business community and locally-based SME and start-up suppliers
• Have the technology and operational capabilities to support projects
For full details please see TORCH T&Cs.