UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
Terms of Reference / Deliverables
In close collaboration with the Chief Research Scientist and Chief of Data Use, the incumbent is responsible for:
- Submitting a work plan for review and feedback and a comprehensive list of data sources and partners.
- Developing algorithms, methods and studies to push forward the use of data innovation, with special focus on children for two main areas of work:
- impacts and secondary impacts of response measures (methods to map COVID-19 control policies at a global scale and local granularity, methods to quantify effect on social distancing of policies, methods to quantify effects and secondary effects of social distancing on the disease and communities).
- understanding and mapping misinformation and information driven social dynamics: develop methods to map and understand COVID information needs, misinformation trends and “infodemics” from media and social media data.
- Developing methods, visuals, analysis and reports to inform programs and disseminate the use of data innovation. Support data engineering in creating tools, including web interfaces and/or visual materials, to help operationalise data for innovation.
- Submitting a handover report, including all the finalised technical reports and papers, summarising the experiences and lessons learned.
- Completing other fun tasks as required.
Closing Date Sat Apr 11 2020 04:55:00 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)