UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
Terms of Reference / Deliverables
In close collaboration with the Chief Research Scientist and Chief of Data Use, the incumbent is responsible for:
- Submitting tentative work plan (1-3 pages).
- Ensure that mobility (and other) data from various UNICEF partners and providers (e.g. Amadeus, Telefonica, Cuebiq) are processed and readily available for further analysis by statisticians and research scientists within UNICEF and across our partner network, including research networks (currently six research groups) using platforms as appropriate (including DataBricks and Ubuntu DSVM).
- Support internal and external teams on data visualization and building interactive tools as well as real time ETL for data products, aimed at optimising UNICEF’s advocacy and programmatic response to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Submit handover report (5-8 pages) summarizing the experiences and lessons learned during course of contract to ensure a sustainable approach to data management and access.
- Completing other fun tasks as required.
Closing Date Sat Apr 11 2020 04:55:00 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)