Jobs within The Data Lab
The Data Lab aims to ensure equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race. Flexible working arrangements can be discussed. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
There are currently no vacancies within The Data Lab.
Jobs in Scotland
Unless indicated otherwise, the following opportunities are offered by organisations external to The Data Lab. If you are interested or have any questions regarding any of these vacancies, please contact the offering organisation directly.
Director of Insights – 12 Month FTC – Aggreko
About Aggreko plc
Around the world, people, businesses and countries are striving for a better future. A future that needs power and the right conditions to succeed. That’s why at Aggreko, we work ‘round the clock, making sure our customers get the electricity, heating and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by our trademark passion, unrivalled international experience and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, we bring our expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth. Every project is different, so we listen first and design a system supported by our service anywhere, to any scale. Transforming the lives and livelihoods of individuals, organisations and communities across the globe.
Your key responsibilities
- Delivery of Aggreko’s Modern Data Platform
- Working with our external supplier to complete the final phase of our cloud-data platform which creates a single, unified platform to support reporting, analytics and applications
- Supporting our infrastructure team with the work in decommissioning our existing data warehouse once our cloud platform is in place
- Supporting the implementation of our data catalogue, working with a third party
- Progressing our data and applications development strategy
- Supporting our innovative programme of work and directing effort where we will gain best value
- Working with our wider ATS team to support further implementation of DevOps as a way of working collaboratively across our teams
- Leading our quarterly Insights SteerCo with key business leaders to understand their challenges and how data can add value
- Supporting the wider team
- Monthly 1-1’s with team to support them in their delivery
- Representing the data and apps dev team at our leadership team meetings
- Attending regular meetings with key stakeholders across our global business
- Make a strong contribution to the ATS leadership team, representing the strategic direction of the team
Information Analyst – NHS Scotland
Public Health Scotland is a new organisation between the Scottish Government and Local Government, working in partnership, to provide leadership to improve and protect the health and wellbeing of the people of Scotland.
Public Health Scotland launched 1st April 2020 with the formal status of a National Special Health Board employing around 1100 people, and with an annual budget of around £60 million, Public Health Scotland will provide authoritative information and services to support people and communities across Scotland. It will lead the national response to unforeseen health emergencies and will contribute to national and local government policy through its provision of robust data and intelligence.
We have an amazing opportunity for you to join our growing team. As one of our Information Analysts you will:
- Analyse and interpret complex data
- Use a wide range of data sources and powerful analytics tools to provide insight that supports better decision making
- Present complex data effectively through data visualisation techniques
- Communicate insights in a customer focussed environment
- Help core customers access and analyse our many data sets
- Support academia to deliver state of the art research projects
- Compile and present important statistics to a wide audience, including NHS Scotland, NHS Boards, Scottish Government, other partner organisations, and the general public
Closing date 27 September 2020.
Digital Analytics Manager – Ooni
Do you have passion for GREAT pizza and big data? We are looking for an analytics star to join Ooni’s marketing team to help shape the digital strategy through clever data and fill the newly created role of Digital Analytics Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Marketing, the Digital Analytics Manager will lead the creation and rollout of Ooni’s digital analytics roadmap to provide actionable metrics and reporting for the business.
You will be asked to uncover business, marketing, website, and consumer insights to drive brand awareness, customer acquisition, sales and life-time value to name a few. As a subject matter expert in customer data management and analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Tableau, you will leverage leading tools and your expertise to inform and advise colleagues across the business.
Data Engineering Director – BlackRock
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide! As of July 17, 2020, BlackRock’s AUM was $7.3 trillion, making it the largest asset manager globally. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a variety of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, the firm has approximately 16,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and Africa!
When BlackRock was started in 1988, its founders envisioned a company that combined the best of financial services with groundbreaking technology. They envisioned a company that would provide financial services to clients as well as technology services to other financial firms. The result of their vision is Aladdin, our industry leading, end-to-end investment management platform. Data is at the heart of Aladdin and of everything we do. The DataOps Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining a cutting-edge data platform that provides quality data for Investors, Operations Teams, Data Scientists, and all users of the platform.