Data Scientist/Engineer – Medical Devices Unit, West Glasgow ACH
NHS GREATER GLASGOW & CLYDE
£39,300-£46,006 (FIXED TERM FOR 2 YEARS)
CLOSING DATE: 8th March 2021
· Experience of working with sensitive unstructured data, including data extraction and de-identification strategies and tools.
· Experience with one or more programming languages.
· Experience with machine learning and natural language processing.
· Experience of working within a team to develop and deploy a technical product, including experience with modern source control and task management tools.
· Experience of working with healthcare data and under associated governance frameworks.
· Experience of medical device development and associated regulatory frameworks.
About the job:
The Medical Devices Unit (MDU) prototype and develop bespoke medical devices, (including electronic, informatics, mechanical and software devices) to meet the needs of the NHS in Scotland. Working in line with industry standards and an evolving regulatory framework, the MDU also provide guidance on the development of medical devices and evaluate new technologies being considered for use within the NHS.
We are looking for a data scientist/engineer to join the team and help us to support a Scottish Government initiative aimed at transforming eyecare services across Scotland. You will bring knowledge and experience of applying and evaluating natural language processing tools (including rule-based and machine learning techniques) to help us to extract valuable clinical information from unstructured clinical data. You will have the technical expertise to help build data pipelines to facilitate the extraction, evaluation and transfer of data held by individual health boards to a new centralised repository managed by the National Digital Service. This is an opportunity for a self-motivated individual to contribute to a transformative healthcare improvement project that will benefit people across Scotland.
· Work with eHealth teams across the NHS Scotland to build the necessary data pipelines to extract and analyse data from core clinical applications.
· Engage with clinical colleagues in health boards across NHS Scotland to understand the coding and terminology used to describe relevant clinical conditions, and develop algorithm evaluation protocols.
· Lead on the evaluation of various NLP strategies to tackle this particular challenge and be able to explain your findings to a multidisciplinary group of stakeholders.
· Develop a comprehensive understanding of this problem domain and the data environments in various health boards across NHS Scotland and help to develop sustainable analysis pipelines that could be applied to other clinical areas.
For further information, please contact Dr Lorna Harper (Head of Informatics) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for the job.
Lead Web Developer – Scene Connect
Salary: £38,000 – £48,000 FTE, depending on experience
Term: 3, 4 or 5 days per week (negotiable), permanent position
Application deadline: 19th March 2021 (interviews may commence earlier)
Scene is recruiting a lead developer with full stack experience but a focus on back-end development who is passionate about the net-zero transition. You will work as Lead developer alongside a solutions architect, Senior Developer and engineers in a 5 person tech team in Edinburgh, on a 3, 4 or 5 day a week basis.
Scene Connect (“Scene”) is a leading renewable energy consultancy in local energy and energy access, with innovation projects in the UK and the Global South. Due to the ongoing success of our innovation work, we are looking to expand our technical team with new appointments – with specific focus on our Cloud ZUoS project, designing the net-zero energy system of the future, to operate at the local scale.
We are looking for candidates who buy-in to what we stand for, both in terms of our mission and our collaborative approach to team working. Check out our projects to see what we have done since we started in Edinburgh in 2011. We are a small, but steadily growing business – we currently have around 15 staff across our Edinburgh and London offices (with some staff shared with Connected Energy, a business in which we are a founding partner and shareholder, that helps to bring renewable energy to people in rural areas in South Asia and East Africa). We work across the UK, and are part of international projects in India, Tanzania, Rwanda, Nepal and Uganda.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK to take up this position, and the company is able to offer certificates of sponsorship to suitable candidates.
To apply for either of these positions please take a good look at our website – www.scene.community to see if you like what we do – then
● email your CV and
● a max 1 page covering letter
outlining why you would be a good fit for the position, to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th February 2021. Please put “Lead Software Developer” in the email subject. We may commence interviews before the deadline date so early applications are encouraged.
Lead software developer
We are looking for a lead software developer with confidence in the development of web services and user interfaces and experience in software development as part of a team. Candidates with passion for web technologies and Internet of Things are invited to apply and be part of the ZUoS project team, working with our commercial and technical project team to bring the platform to life.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with at least 5 years of experience in software development. Ideally you will also have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, or a relevant subject, or additional years of work experience.
We’re looking for someone with:
● Experience of implementing projects at all levels of the stack. We’re using Python, Django and postgres.
● Good communication skills as a core member of a social enterprise with an international scope and teams in Edinburgh and London.
● Passion for web technologies and a desire to remain up to date with the latest technologies and share your knowledge.
● Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be self-motivated to problem solve, debug and bring tasks to completion.
As lead developer you will have applied software engineering principles in past roles and be confident in managing a small team of software developers, using appropriate techniques and methodologies. You will consider the following, using your own experience:
● system and data security
● continuous delivery
● monitoring and managing a production environment
● code management and software cycle
In addition, you will work with Scene’s management team taking ownership of key components of Scene products, prioritising features, managing deadlines and expectations and managing the development team. Where additional skills are required for the team, you will identify appropriate training or procure external resources. You will be key in growing a development team to support Scene’s ambitions for advanced software tools to support energy research and consultancy projects, as well as the development of commercial software service platforms.
In addition to the web platforms and tools, Scene are contributing to the development of firmware and hardware for domestic and small-business renewable energy monitoring and control systems. Knowledge of, and interest in, any of the following are a bonus:
● analogue and power electronics
● embedded development (we’re developing with embedded C++, Zephyr on STM32 microcontrollers)
● wireless communication protocols
Data / Business Analyst (Graduate) – Bachelors or Masters – Cisco
Location Bedfont Lakes, Feltham, or Glasgow -UK under normal circumstances. Due to Covid-19 there is the possibility of the program starting virtually.
Start Date September 2021
We at Cisco are looking for a Graduate Data Analyst and a Graduate Business Analyst for our Digital Data team, to turn data about our digital experience into business insights.
What you’ll do
Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join together with a team of new graduates all starting your careers together, increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
Overall, our job is to make other people’s lives easier – by simplifying our internal IT service ordering process so that people spend less time ordering – and more time doing.
As part of this, we will ask you to do things such as
- Talk to our users to find ways to make applications easier and more intuitive for them
- Understand people’s roles and working styles so we can recommend tools to make their job easier
- Design integrations to cut out needless manual work and form-filling
- Analyze data to see where processes can be made easier, faster and more reliable
Border College – Trainee Lecturer – Computing
£34,170 – £42,357 per annum, pro rata
Permanent, Full-time 35 hours per week
Scottish Borders Campus, Galashiels
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual to join Borders College to deliver Computing – Cyber Security, Networking and Programming providing effective learning, teaching and assessment. You should be currently qualified to at least SCQF Level 9 in a Computing related subject.
The Job Description and Person Specification are available on the college website along with the application form.
Applications will only be accepted by email, if this is an issue please contact email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 5th February 2021
Senior Full-stack Developer – Skillzminer
Skillzminer is a digital employability platform. Our technology empowers individuals to create career pathways to employment.
• Can’t do what they’ve always done
• Want to do something different
• Or simply don’t know where to begin in finding a career pathway
We are looking for a self-starter with a proven ability to architect & deliver features with a focus on the end-2-end user experience. You will join our small but dynamic team that is responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
Our data analysis tool and virtual coach translates individual’s abilities into 15 new and suitable occupational areas and our personalised and automated job matching capability links individuals with nearly 200,000+ live vacancies across the UK, so we will expect you to firmly believe that data is a powerful force for good.
As the most senior engineer in the team, we would expect you to quickly settle into working with a small team of data scientists and devs across a varied set of technologies and toolsets. The role requires agility as we work in an industry subject to frequent change in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our founding team & grow your career with us, taking on more responsibility in the future. You should be equally comfortable around frontend and backend frameworks and knowledgeable regarding how to approach & architect your work across both. You should be a team player with an understanding of what good UX looks like so be passionate about human centric design.
• Work with development teams and product to ideate software solutions
• Design client-side and server-side architecture
• Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
• Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
• Write effective APIs
• Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
• Create security and data protection settings
• Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
• Write technical documentation
• Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
• Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer
• Experience developing desktop and mobile applications with a focus on CI/CD
• Knowledge of multiple front-end languages and libraries
• Strong understanding of React fundamentals along with GraphQL
(e.g. Angular, React, Node.js)
• Experience with hosting sophisticated applications on AWS Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Great attention to detail
• Comfortable with agile methodologies
For more information contract firstname.lastname@example.org