Jobs within The Data Lab
The Data Lab aims to ensure equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race. Flexible working arrangements can be discussed. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
There are currently no vacancies within The Data Lab.
Jobs in Scotland
Unless indicated otherwise, the following opportunities are offered by organisations external to The Data Lab. If you are interested or have any questions regarding any of these vacancies, please contact the offering organisation directly.
Our web front-end is built using React. The server consists primarily of Node.js services, backed by PostgreSQL and Redis, exposing GraphQL APIs, and deployed in Docker on AWS. Other clients include a ReactNative mobile app, and REST integrations with 3rd party services.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Adam Dallis
Data Scientist: Enmovi
‘enmovi’ is a cutting-edge technology company looking to build a team of outstanding professionals at their Inovo office in central Glasgow. The company is a recently formed joint venture between an 11-year-old US firm and a very well-known UK brand. Their mission is to improve healthcare using advanced wearable devices and sophisticated data analytics. ‘enmovi’ offers a fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
‘enmovi’ are seeking an enthusiastic Data Scientist to join their Glasgow team. The position is full-time, offering an immediate start and an attractive salary of £45,000 per annum. Salary negotiable depending on skills and experience.
In this role, you will:
· Work cross-functionally with data scientists, quality and regulatory specialists, clinical experts, and other stakeholders across the patients’ pathway of care.
· Execute end-to-end data science projects, including ideation, data collection/engineering, modeling/machine learning, interpretation/visualization, validation and deployment.
· Improve upon existing methodologies by developing new models, making model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
· Create ad hoc, regular and automated data analysis and reporting with respect to patient recovery progress, surgeon / hospital performance, product use, and patient compliance.
· Communicate verbally and in writing to colleagues with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about the proposed solutions, as well as sharing insights and recommendations.
· Support clinical validation tasks including dissemination of results for scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals and support for regulatory submissions.
· Prioritize and multitask in a deadline driven environment and being keen to learn.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
· MSc in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, etc.
· Strong fluency and scripting experience with a scientific programming language; Python strongly preferred.
· Experience with Matlab / Matlab Simulink environment for the development and validation of algorithms.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights and solutions.
· Being a team player, and able to work with others across various levels and roles.
· Experience with SQL or cloud based data infrastructures is considered a plus. Please contact Matthias Verstraete at Matthias.email@example.com to apply for this position.