- This event has passed.
Energy Zero Emission Mobility – Public Sector Challenge Event
The goal of this event is to highlight the major challenges facing the public sector in the transition to net zero GHG emissions for transport and infrastructure to meet the 2045 target.
We seek to bring together key public sector decision makers, innovative zero emission mobility (ZEM) and integrated transport private sector businesses and potential funding mechanism bodies with a view to collaborate and push forward the net zero agenda. As an example, Call 5 is now open for the Can Do Innovation Challenge fund and we hope to work with attendees to hone challenges for submission, more info can be found here,
Here are some of the identified issues, challenges and objectives that could make interesting challenge applications:
- Develop more local ZEM transport clubs as a stepping stone for individual ownership of ZEMs, new promotions to dispel myths circulating about ZEMs amongst public.
- Heavy and larger vehicle applications for hydrogen fuel.
- Other viable methods of Zero Emission Mobility beyond electric cars such as, but not limited to, suspended or elevated transport, bikes, scooters etc.
- Smart energy systems and ICT to manage and deploy mobility as a services (MaaS) in the public sector
- New housing developments should be fully ZEM ready and encouraging destination/workplace organisations to help each other by co-locating charge-points.
- Accelerating ZEM uptake and charging hub installation for certain islands and rural villages and the unique challenges this presents. A general increase in on street charging and the supporting infrastructure required factoring a variety of users considering disabled accessibility.
- Cost effective hydrogen vehicle refuelling infrastructure.
- Circular economy solutions to maximise the value of zero emissions mobility services.