- This event has passed.
Driving Value From Data – Executive Education Data Analytics 2 Day Workshop
November 5 @ 11:00 am - November 6 @ 4:00 pm
The world is awash with buzzwords where many are to do with ‘going digital’ and the use of data.
It can seem overwhelming at times as we navigate through the noise to find out what is significant to you and what is just noise. In the process of either being enthralled or intimidated by these trends, you can often lose sight of the core questions:
· “How do I deliver value to my customers?” and
· “Where do I start…without spending too much money?”.
· What does ML and AI mean?
· How do others use Data in their organisations?
· Is this something I would like to re-skill in?
Who should attend?
1. Leaders who are directly or in-directly accountable for driving value in their organisations.
2. Small to medium size business owners who want to drive more value from the information they already have.
3. Data professionals who are struggling to get business buy-in to driving value from data.
4. Executives who would like to understand more about data and potentially re-skill in this area.
· Improve your understanding of the opportunity presented by the use of data.
· Arm yourself with actionable insights to apply when you return to your organisation.
· The opportunity to ask questions of experienced practitioners, to share your experiences and to expand your network.
· Taster into where data analytics can take you.
Agenda Day 1 (11am-4pm)
This session focuses on identifying where to create value from the better use of data. We will discuss the strategic value of data and identify what you need to do next in your organisation.
Through case studies and discussion, we will explore:
· Data Value – where do organisations use data to drive value?
· Data Strategy – what is a data strategy and how do you increase the likelihood of successful execution?
· Data Era – Why is data important now and what opportunities that does it present?
· Data Maturity – where are you now and what should you do next?
· Data Science – what is it and what team skills do I need?
· Panel discussion – what are people real world experiences and how can they help you form an action plan?
This session is delivered by Craig Paterson, Executive Education Advisor at The Data Lab. Craig is a strategy advisor and coach with over 25 year of industry experience in Financial Services and Utilities where he specialises in Business, IT and Digital strategy development and execution. Craig has delivered Executive Education workshops to over 200 organisations to help them drive more value from data.
Agenda Day 2 (11am-4pm)
This session will explore in more detail some of the topics introduced on Day 1 including Data Science and Data Platforms.
· Intro to Machine Learning including the uses in some Data Lab projects
· Overview of the different roles within the data domain
· Overview of data platform and high level architectures
· Case Studies on how these techniques are being used in the Aberdeen area.
During the two days there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions, explore the challenges you face and to share your experiences with other attendees.
This session will be delivered by Thanos Tsiaras and Rhona MacLennan
Thanos has an Informatics background with an MSc in Data Engineering. Previously he held data science and analytics roles in the video game industry, most recently with Electronic Arts. His hands-on experience includes building Machine Learning and Business Intelligence systems in the video game, sports and marketing domains.
Rhona is an experienced enterprise architect with in-depth expertise in all aspects of Information Strategy, Architecture, and Governance. Prior to joining The Data Lab, she worked in the Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Technology, and FMCG sectors initiating data journeys, shaping and delivering enterprise solutions, and developing in-house data capabilities.
To find out more information about the programme please contact Cameron Gordon at email@example.com