- This event has passed.
SDST – Adding Commercial Value with Analytics and Data Science: Are you selling……
June 18 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Adding Commercial Value with Analytics and Data Science: Are you selling buckets or mining gold?
Point of the talk: Whether you are running an analytics function, acting as a consultant / contractor or an individual data science professional – chances are you need to be adding commercial value with your analytics. But, just like in the California gold-rush – you can make money (add-value) by panning for gold, or you can make a good living selling buckets and shovels. Too often analytics gets side-tracked into providing models, dashboards, datasets etc. instead of monetizable insights. Why is this and how do you avoid it?
Key points covered:
• The importance of adding value through analytics
• Recognising the distinction of actually uncovering valuable insights (mining gold) versus building tools to help others do that (selling buckets)?
• Why it is so easy to get caught up in the “buckets business”?
• Why can it be dangerous / self-defeating (some war stories)?
• What can you do to ensure you are genuinely “mining for gold”?
Presenter – Nick Hall – https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-hall-3a2a5