The steering committee
A steering committee including representation across all relevant bodies and sectors and providing balanced and diverse representation across Scotland has been appointed. The chair of the committee is Kate Forbes, Minister for Public Finance and Digital Economy.
- Kate Forbes MSP, Minister for Public Finance and Digital Economy (Chair)
- Les Bayne, Head of Scotland, Accenture (sharing with Michelle Hawkins, jointly Head of Scotland, Accenture)
- Vicky Brom, Head of Analytics, Merkle Aquila
- Gillian Docherty, CEO, The Data Lab (sharing with Brian Hills, Head of Data, The Data Lab)
- Sally Dyson, Head of Digital Participation, Scottish Council of Voluntary Organisations
- Clive Gillman, Director of Creative Industries, Creative Scotland
- David Harrison, Professor of Pathology, University of St Andrews and Principal Investigator, ICAIRD (Industrial Centre for Artificial Intelligence Research in Digital Diagnostics)
- Helen Hastie, Professor of Computer Science, Heriot-Watt University (sharing with Emma Hart, Professor of Computational Intelligence, Napier University)
- Steven Heddle, Environment and Economy Spokesperson, Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (Independent Councillor, Orkney Islands Council)
- Adam Lang, Head of Nesta Scotland, Nesta
- Ewa Luger, Fellow, Alan Turing Institute
- Stuart Mackinnon, External Affairs Manager, Federation of Small Businesses Scotland
- Helen Martin, Assistant General Secretary, Scottish Trades Union Congress
- Nora Senior, Chair, Enterprise and Skills Strategic Board, Scottish Government
- Rob Skipworth, Regional Territory Manager – Scotland & Ireland, Dell EMC
- Gareth Williams, Head of Policy, Scottish Council for Development and Industry (sharing with Katy Guthrie, Head of Data, Scotland IS)
- Secretariat support will be provided by the Data, Statistics and Digital Identity Division, Digital Directorate, Scottish Government and The Data Lab.
The Steering Committee’s responsibilities are:
- to devise a scoping document that will inform the direction of the rest of the development process;
- to consider feedback from the consultation process and incorporate it into the work of the working groups;
- to collate and consolidate the working group outcomes into the final strategy;
- to provide final sign off of the strategy.
All Steering Committee meetings will be facilitated by Anderson Solutions (appointed through open tender process).
Delivery and Governance
The body responsible for the delivery and governance of the resulting strategy will be the Data Delivery Group convened by the Scottish Government.