Data Summit programme announced!
The programme for Data Summit, the two-day international conference that forms a key part of the inaugural DataFest17 being held in Scotland in March, has now been announced under the banner #DataChangesEverything.
The first day of the summit, 23 March, will focus on ‘proof’ - current applications, experience and challenges in delivering value from data. The second day, 24 March, will focus on ‘hypothesis’ - the future of data.
Summit headliners include so-called data ‘rockstar’, Hilary Mason founder of Fast Forward Labs in New York who will discuss Machine Intelligence and the future of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence as well as Nuria Oliver, European Digital Woman of the Year 2016, who will showcase one of the core themes of the summit – data for good.
Other high profile speakers at the event include John Akred from Silicon Valley Data Science, who will be will be presenting on how to run successful data science teams as well as contributing to a panel discussion on the role of leaders in successful data initiatives.
Dr Hannah Fry, presenter of the BBC’s Joy of Data and Marc Priestley, former F1 racing technology expert and broadcaster, will also be speaking and contributing to the event. Organisations involved include Deloitte, IBM, Transport for London, Snap40 and Telefonica.
UNICEF is the charity partner of DataFest17 while other sponsors include Sainsbury’s Bank, Aquila Insight, NHS Scotland, Registrars of Scotland, Deloitte and CMS.
The second day of Data Summit will also include a ‘Scottish Innovation Showcase’ featuring exciting start-ups fuelled by the data revolution.
- Learn from some of the leading figures in the global data community as we discuss:
- How to lead successful data initiatives (John Akred, CTO Silicon Valley Data Science; Mark Hunter, CDO Sainsbury's Bank; Frances Sneddon, CTO Simul8)
- How international collaboration helps UNICEF to deliver better outcomes for children (Natalia Adler, UNICEF HQ)
- The future of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (Hilary Mason, Founder of Fast Forward Labs
- The future of data ethics (Mandy Chessell, IBM Master Inventor)
- Using small data to deliver high impact (Jason Leitch, Clinical Director NHS Scotland)
- How you should prepare for the new GDPR regulation (Alan Nelson, CMS McKenna)
- The future of open data and transport (Phil Young, Head of Online Transport for London)
- Data innovation across Scotland, showcasing top data startups
- Delve deeper into subject areas through workshops running during the event.
- Network with 400+ data leaders and practitioners from Scotland, UK, Europe and the US.
- Be inspired to deliver more value from your organisation’s data when you return to the office!
The Data Summit has been created to bring together data leaders and practitioners across industry, the public sector and academia. We strongly believe bringing these communities together to collaborate is a key ingredient to #DataChangesEverything - we look forward to welcoming you to Edinburgh!
At The Data Lab we passionately believe that #DataChangesEverything; from social impact to economic benefit, public services and beyond. As a catalyst for data innovation across Scotland, we launched the Data Summit to both inspire organisations across the country and promote leading data initiatives and businesses to an international audience. With a world class speaker line up and delegates from Europe, UK and USA, we want you to leave the conference with inspiration and motivation to deliver higher impact from your data!